Mutt fun (was: Re: [svlug] LyX is already here etc etc)

Drew Bloechl drew at cesspool.net
Thu May 11 14:46:47 PDT 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 01:20:06PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting kmself at ix.netcom.com (kmself at ix.netcom.com):
>
> > PS:  Rick, check your "Mail-Followup-To:" header -- "rick" isn't a
> > locally known user.
>
> It turns out to be a mutt issue.  Quoting the mutt FAQ, at
> http://www.fefe.de:80/muttfaq/faq.html.gz :

This _is_ a mutt issue, and I think there are a couple ways to fix it.
I believe the first is to set your $from variable instead of letting the
MTA fill that in.  This is a new variable in 1.1 IIRC.  The other way is
to turn off Mail-Folllowup-To: altogether as you have already done (and
as I have done).

M-F-T is set when mutt is sending mail to a list registered with the
"lists" command instead of the "subscribe" command.  The behavior of
"lists" changed somewhere around 1.1.  "lists" is now for registering
lists you want mutt to know about, but you are not subscribed to.

All of this is off the top of my head, so it could be slightly
inaccurate.

--
Drew Bloechl
drew at cesspool.net