[svlug] Is there a GOOD source for web-based email?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu May 11 17:40:46 PDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Tin Le wrote:

> > There aren't that many people there frankly. There was no time during the
> > year that my machine was there that saturation was an issue.
>
> Early adopters in this case have it nice.  My concern is that as more
> users get on, there will be a bottleneck.  I've seen it happened and
> have caused it myself.  I am one of those bandwidth hog :-).  All it
> take is one person like me to tank the network.

There are ways of choking bandwidth if that's an issue, thus far it has
not been.

> Don't get me wrong.  I think what they are offering is pretty good,
> just not for me.  That is all.

Understandable, but the point was to pay for community space, not offer a
colo facility that operated at immense profit. If I wanted a really good
pro colo service, I'd probably go with he.net.

"Linux means never having to delete your love mail." -- Don Marti