[svlug] Is there a GOOD source for web-based email?

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Thu May 11 14:01:13 PDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000 14:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
Tin Le <tin at le.org> wrote:

> Ah, ok.  Thanks.  In my experience, I've found that I know more
> about network than the Tier 3 and _some_ Tier 2 even ISPs.  But
> then I used to run a Tier 3 ISP myself.

True, and rather scary besides.

I got lucky and got a sugar daddy deal at Zocalo for my colo.
They're a leased lines/connectivity shop and don't do colo at all
(except that I'm good friends with a chap who is good friends with
the owner of Zocalo).

Bill Woodcraft, Zocalo owner, most definitely knows his networking.

> For $200/month, I think I'll explore alternatives.  I used to have
> a 56K Frame Relay installed at my house 5 or 6 years ago.

The price hasn't gone down that much, sadly.  Your best deal may be
to try for Centrex ISDN (some/many ISPs are dropping their rates
bigtime as that market disappears in favour of DSL and they're stuck
with the equipment/contracts etc).

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...