[svlug] Is there a GOOD source for web-based email?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Thu May 11 16:58:42 PDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Tin Le wrote:

> Hmm, I just took a look at their site.  It looks like they are using
> SDSL at T1 speed.  For $369/month you can get SDSL 1.1M from
> Brainstorm, $450/mon for 1.54 SDSL.

Yeah, but SDSL from a Tier N provider isn't the same as what they have.
Verio offers VERY good connectivity to the world; I know they pay much
higher rates for that SDSL.

> I guess you get what you pay for.  What they, LinuxCabal, are offering
> is not bad for someone who don't want to pay $300+ month for a line,
> but you also need to look at who and how many people you are going to
> be sharing that SDL with.  It's a problem that (IMHO) all Tier 3 ISPs
> suffered.

There aren't that many people there frankly. There was no time during the
year that my machine was there that saturation was an issue.

"Linux means never having to delete your love mail." -- Don Marti