[svlug] Is there a GOOD source for web-based email?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 11 12:36:41 PDT 2000

Quoting Ray Olszewski (ray at comarre.com):

> I was struck that none of the responses to your posting (so far) have
> addressed the questions you actually posed.

Opinions differ as to the best type of answer for questions of the form
"How can I best implement dumb idea foo?"

The many objections to Web-based e-mail generically include the many
pesky forms of "active content" discussed in other threads, recently,
plus "Web Bugs" (http://www.tiac.net/users/smiths/privacy/wbfaq.htm).

Any halfway cautious person would sooner use POP3, if necessary (over an
ssh tunnel).

--
Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,