[svlug] Re: Dealing with computer "potatoes" -- Re: Is there a GOOD source for web-based email?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 11 11:19:02 PDT 2000

Quoting Bryan -TheBS- Smith (thebs at theseus.com):

> No.  We no longer talking about computer "users" but computer
> "potatoes" who could care less about viruses, as long as it launches
> that funny comic without having to expend the energy to actually click
> on it.

Oh, you mean the people who should be buying heavily locked-down,
simplified, less expensive computing _appliances_ (based on Linux),
rather than _computers_.  Ah.

--
Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,