[svlug] Fw: 44% Off O'Reilly & Associates Books!

Jose Medeiros cobra at jps.net
Thu May 11 10:59:08 PDT 2000

Bookpool 44% Off Sale on O'Reilly and Associates!*Hi Everyone..

I don't normally send out these type of advertisements, but this really is a good deal and I feel that the SVLUG membership may want to also take advantage of these discounts. Bookpool is the cheapest for O'Reilly books hands down!

I hope that I don't offend anyone by sending this out and no I am not on commission.

Jose :-)

It's O'Reilly Month at Bookpool !  All O'Reilly & Associates trade titles are on Sale for 44%- 45% Off.   For a limited time....

Check out O'Reilly's broad spectrum of bestselling computer books: They cover important technologies behind the Internet such as Java, Oracle, LINUX, and UNIX; ground-breaking software documentation on Open Source programs including Apache, Perl, MySql, Bind, Samba, or Sendmail; world-renowned titles on System & Network Administration and Security, and many other current hot topics.

HERE IS JUST A SMALL SELECTION OF POPULAR O'REILLY TITLES:

 45% Off!   Java Servlet Programming
By Jason Hunter and William Crawford
Java Servlet Programming covers everything you need to know to write effective servlets and includes numerous examples that you can use as the basis for your own servlets. The book explains the servlet life cycle, showing how you can use servlets to maintain state information effortlessly. It also describes how to serve dynamic Web content, including both HTML pages and multimedia data. More...
Our Price: $20.50   *   You Save: $16.45 (45%)    *

 45% Off!   Javascript: The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition
By David Flanagan and Dan Shafer
Javascript: The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition provides a thorough description of the core JavaScript language and its client-side framework, complete with sophisticated examples that show you how to handle common tasks. The book also contains a definitive, in-depth reference section that covers every core and client-side JavaScript function, object, method, property, constructor, and event handler. More...
Our Price: $21.95   *   You Save: $18.00 (45%)    *

 44% Off!   Programming Perl, 2nd Edition
By Larry Wall, Randal Schwartz, Tom Christiansen
Coauthored by Larry Wall, the creator of Perl, this book is the authoritative guide to Perl version 5, the scripting utility now established as the programming tool of choice for the World Wide Web, UNIX system administration, and a vast range of other applications. Learn how to use this versatile cross-platform programming language to solve unique programming challenges. More...
Our Price: $24.95   *   You Save: $20.00 (44%)    *

 45% Off!   Java in a Nutshell
By David Flanagan
This bestselling book is an essential quick reference for all Java programmers. It contains an accelerated introduction to the Java language and its key APIs, so seasoned programmers can start writing Java code right away. The third edition of Java in a Nutshell covers Java 1.2 and Java 1.3 beta. More...
Our Price: $16.50   *   You Save: $13.45 (45%)   *

 44% Off!   Unix in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition
By Arnold Robbins and Daniel Gilly
The bestselling, most informative UNIX reference book is now more complete and up-to-date. Not a scaled-down quick reference of common commands, UNIX in a Nutshell is a complete reference containing all commands and options, with descriptions and examples that put the commands in context. For all but the thorniest UNIX problems, this one reference should be all you need. Covers System V Release 4 and Solaris 7. More...
Our Price: $13.95   *   You Save: $11.00 (44%)    *

 44% Off!   HTML: The Definitive Guide
By Chuck Musciano and Bill Kennedy
HTML: The Definitive Guide, updated to cover HTML 4.0, is chock full of examples, sample code, and practical hands-on advice to help you create truly effective Web pages and master advanced features. Learn how to insert images and other multimedia elements, create useful links and searchable documents, use Netscape extensions, design great forms, and lots more. More...
Our Price: $19.50   *   You Save: $15.45 (44%)    *

 45% Off!   Oracle PL/SQL Programming
By Steven Feuerstein and Bill Pribyl
Oracle PL/SQL Programming focuses on Oracle8, covering Oracle8 object types, collections, object views, and external procedures. It also contains a chapter on tuning PL/SQL, as well as expanded discussions of debugging and tracing PL/SQL execution. A companion diskette contains the Companion Utilities Guide for Oracle PL/SQL Programming, an online Windows-based tool that includes more than 100 files of source code and documentation prepared by the authors. Experienced developers will learn even more about this powerful language, and newcomers to PL/SQL will soon be on the road to mastery. More...
Our Price: $25.95   *   You Save: $21.00 (45%)    *

 44% Off!   Programming the Perl DBI
By Alligator Descartes and Tim Bunce
The primary interface for database programming in Perl is DBI. This book is coauthored by Alligator Descartes, one of the most active members of the DBI community, and by Tim Bunce, the inventor of DBI. The book explains the architecture of DBI, shows you how to write DBI-based programs and explains both DBI's nuances and the peculiarities of each individual DBD. More...
Our Price: $19.50   *   You Save: $15.45 (44%)   *

 45% Off!   DNS and BIND, 3rd Edition
By Paul Albitz and Cricket Liu
DNS and BIND discusses one of the Internet's fundamental building blocks: the distributed host information database that's responsible for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its proper destination, and many other services. Whether you're an administrator involved with DNS on daily basis, or a user who wants to be more informed about the Internet and how it works, you'll find that this book is essential reading. More...
Our Price: $20.95   *   You Save: $17.00 (45%)    *

Access www.bookpool.com for our complete selection of discounted technical books as well as the complete list of sale titles at 44% off.

You can also check out Bookpool's:

  a.. Top 25 Bestsellers
  b.. Bestsellers from Each Publisher
  c.. Newly Released Books
  d.. Books Grouped by Subject

  1.. The e-mail address this mail was sent to is: cobra at jps.net
  2.. If your Bookpool account has mailings enabled, click ACCOUNT to enter your account, enter e-mail & password, click MODIFY ACCOUNT INFORMATION, reset the subscription checkbox, and submit and confirm.
Regards,

      Bookpool LLC
      PO Box 387
      Vineyard Haven, MA 02568