[svlug] Re: Boot up penguin.

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu May 11 04:58:42 PDT 2000

Jan-Albert Venter wrote:
> But the fun  part was, about a quarter of the way through, this cute little
> Tux Penguin image (graphicall) appeared on top of my screen. I  was
> wondering if anybody knows how I did that :-) I wanna try it on my debian
> box.

Welcome to graphical frame buffer.  Your system is actually in APA
(all-points-addressable, aka graphics mode) instead of text/console
mode.  You should see it almost immediately after boot.

-- TheBS

 Bryan J. Smith    mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org,thebs at theseus.com
     Disclaimer:  http://www.SmithConcepts.com/legal.html
"[the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)] does something
 no copyright law has ever done -- it extinguishes fair use"
            -- Martin Garbus, respected First Amendment Lawyer