[svlug] Is there a GOOD source for web-based email?

Dan Copeland dcopeland47 at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 12:17:52 PDT 2000

  I use web-based email since I telecommute and spend time on different
mutually inaccessible networks.  I tend to waste a lot of time tracking
message threads manually - I guess I'm just spoiled as a former Mutt
user.

  Is there any web-based email service which threads messages a la
Mutt?  If not, somebody should create one (I know, I know, "Make it
yourself!", but I have neither the resources nor the know-how).  There
are all kinds of features missing in these services - like the ability
to forge bounce messages (I'd LOVE a "bounce" button) and possibly some
GPG services (not requiring me to store my private key on the server -
but at least I could perform public key operations, like sig
verification).

  I really think a web-based email service with the features we're used
to on our own machines would be successful.  At the very least it would
take the Slashdot crowd by storm...  Or am I missing such a service
which already exists?

 - Dan