[svlug] Mapquest to find your CO - milage

Alvin Oga alvin at planet.fef.com
Wed May 10 20:55:09 PDT 2000

hi ya...

> > prefix, the star should be the location of the CO for the exchange.  Seems to
> > work in most of the cases  It's very cool!

yeah...works nice.... there is another link at mapquest that will
tell you milage ... point-to-point...

combine that info together and than you can guestimate your t1/t3/oc3
connectivity costs...since getting quotes from the baby-bells is
hard to get a "good rate" from themmm...

t1 copper rates are regulated by fcc and puc ??? ( no price gauging ?)
and makes it easy to figure out how much the t1 will run ya for the
local loop...

- yuppers tried to write the t1 quote generator but didn't have the
 co location for pacbell...

c ya
alvin