[svlug] Mapquest to find your CO (was: DSL woes)

dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com
Wed May 10 20:13:08 PDT 2000

> prefix, the star should be the location of the CO for the exchange.  Seems to
> work in most of the cases  It's very cool!

Seems to work. I found where my CO was, at least -- near Evelyn, a little
north of Reed, west of Fair Oaks. I'm close to Fair Oaks and 101. Now it
doesn't tell me specifically how far that is: I suppose I could get driv-
ing directions from there to my house, but that wouldn't necessarily be
"as the crow flies." What is the limit anyway? 12000 feet or something?

Finding the link was pretty simple -- one clicks on Maps, then look for
"other searches" near the upper left hand corner -- area code is there.

> Tim
David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.