[svlug] Sendmail filter tool?

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Wed May 10 15:26:15 PDT 2000

On Wed, 10 May 2000 16:10:24 -0600
Robert L Harris <Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com> wrote:

>   Well, there's a new variant that's activly destructive,
> according to betanews.  As a result, our email admin is looking
> for some help.  A while back I saw a wrapper for sendmail that
> would filter based on text in the body.  We're running 8.8.5 and
> going 8.9.3 soon.  Anyone have ideas/suggestions or know the name
> of the tool?

I know there has been discussion and development of a set of Exim
filters that will trap and remove VBScript and other virii from
email in transit (I'm told they did a pretty slick job).  I'm also
told that similar discussions and developments have taken place on
the Postfix mailing lists.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...