[svlug] Mapquest to find your CO (was: DSL woes)

Tim Pepper tpepper at vato.org
Wed May 10 13:05:14 PDT 2000

Okay, after much hunting I found the comment in 2600's winter 1999-1900 issue:

Dear 2600:
	If you go to www.mapquest.com and get a map by searching by area code and
prefix, the star should be the location of the CO for the exchange.  Seems to
work in most of the cases  It's very cool!
		J.Arthur Ballarat
		Los Angeles, CA

Now the funny thing is I know I used this feature to look up a couple CO's in
the area, but now the feature has been buried since mapquest redesigned their
page.  Try the following url:

http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn/twn-map_telephone_form

Tim

*  tpepper at vato dot org             * Venimus, Vidimus, *
*  http://www.vato.org/~tpepper     * Dolavimus         *