[svlug] DSL woes - alternatives

Aaron T Porter atporter at primate.net
Wed May 10 09:15:08 PDT 2000

	You can ask most telco's (haven't done this with pacbell, but it's
	how I got my HDSL in GTE land) for an "alarm circuit" or a "coper
	loop, no loads, no coils" I was able to get a 7meg connection like
	this, but it's technically illegal, and can cause all sorts of
	cross-talk and bleedover on the telco side of things. I think I paid
	something like $12/mo for the line.