[svlug] DSL woes - alternatives

Alvin Oga alvin at planet.fef.com
Wed May 10 00:31:07 PDT 2000

hi ya....

for those that don't get to xfer at high speed ( > 384k/768k ) across dsl...

why not use wireless connections ???

am very curious about its reliability...
in rain, fog, line-of-sight etc..etc..

if the equipment runs about $1000-$1500.... you recover your costs in
abut 2 years or so...after that...its basically free... assuming that
the wireless isp is able to give you low-low-rates for wireless connections
	- i'm interested as the user and the isp side ( free to you the testors )
	  to get wireless and test it all out....

- several people earlier....weeks ago also posted about getting a "dry wire"
  ( dark cable ) ... just copper wire from pacbell to get pont-to-point
  wire connection..... anybody out there want to find the magical pacbell
  dept that handles the sellingof just copper wire point-to-point ???
	- we need to add our own t1 driver circuit and t1 terminators/csu/dsu

c ya
alvin