IHATEYOU BOFH (was: Re: [svlug] Virus FUD)

kmself@ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 9 13:01:22 PDT 2000

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 04:35:52PM -0700, Richard Jennings wrote:
> I emailed someone in our corporate headquarters the suggestion that maybe
> it's time to look at something other than Outlook as a corporate standard.
> Here was his reply:

See The Register's BOFH.  It would be terrible, terrible, if some
unscrupulous (or careless) programmer were to create a feature which,
say, forwarded all your sent mail to all recipients in your MS Outlook
address book.   No file deletion, no damage, just a bit of sharing with
one and all.

Terrible, I say it again.

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/000509-000005.html

--