[svlug] DSL woes

Bill Jonas bj at netaxs.com
Mon May 8 23:10:46 PDT 2000

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Derek J. Balling wrote:

>I've been told that (if you INFORM the PacHell rep you are taping the call)
>they are instructed to hang up.
>
>This jives with what I know from when I worked at GTE-North (serving the
>Midwest Region) several years ago, as they had a similar policy.

Heh, then don't tell 'em.  Just get one of those devices that will play
a soft beep every 15 seconds (or whatever's required by law in your neck
of the woods).

Of course, this is use-at-your-own-peril legal advice coming from a
non-lawyer.  :)

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/