[svlug] DSL woes

Tin Le tin at le.org
Mon May 8 23:52:06 PDT 2000

It sounds to me like there are quite a few dissatisfied PacBell DSL

customers.  Perhaps we should all get together and complain enmasse.  There
is strength in numbers after all.

Count me in as one who is not happy with their service.  My DSL line went
down from April 17th till May 5th.  They could have fixed it sooner, except
I could not get through to anyone on the support line, despite leaving
numerous messages.  When I got through, they said that the Sunnyvale area
where I live is so busy that I would have to wait over a week before they
can send someone out to look at the line.

Re: Terabeam

My understanding is that they have problem with inclement weather.  The
technology is more restrictive than even microwave.  This is because the
laser will experience interference with particles in the air.  Their press
release kinda mumble...mumble... on the problem with fog and rain.  Funny
thing is, TeraBeam is base in Seattle, where fog happens often :-).

Tin Le

- ----
http://tin.le.org
Internet Security and Firewall Consulting
Tin Le - tin at le.org