[svlug] FUD -- Louderback/ZDTV

dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com
Mon May 8 22:11:29 PDT 2000

> proprietary systems there are neither then means (source) nor ability
> (licenses allowing modification and redistribution) to be able to
> identify and address security exploits.

And before long, even the ability to address their existence in
commercial operating systems will be gone. Pretty soon we'll have
an anti-MS defamation law like the Texas beef people do :(.

Anything coming from Ziff-Davis is there for the benefit of their
advertisers. It's an axiom I learned a long time ago. Doesn't this
guy (Louderbeck) know that IBM has endorsed Linux? By all means,
then, go to IBM. Unlike Microsoft, they know what they're doing. :)

I challenge him to go *find* the holes in Linux. He, unlike the
users of proprietary software, has the right to do this.

Barring that, someone should reverse-engineer and *sell* bug-free
MS software. That'll really piss them off. :)

> Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>         http:/www.netcom.com/~kmself
David E. Fox                     Census         Thanks for letting me
dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com        2000          change magnetic patterns
Be Counted: http://www.census.gov               on your hard disk.