[svlug] It also has DocBook support -- Re: Framemaker on Linux

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon May 8 09:50:23 PDT 2000

Karen Shaeffer wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> In case anyone isn't already aware of this: The Adobe Framemaker port
> to Linux (Beta Version) is available for download:
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html
>
> Framemaker is a great document editor. The equation editor is nothing
> short of inspirational. I recommend it for any documents that include
> equations and graphics.
>
> This Beta version is free for downloading.

Not sure about the Linux Beta (I have half of it downloaded), but
FrameMaker also has DocBook support.  A great additive that
Microsoft would never dream of doing.

Me?  I'm checking out LyX, but I may end up just buying FrameMaker
for Linux when it becomes available.  I'll pay serious dough for
good software and FrameMaker is my #2 DTP program (AmiPro 3.1 was my
#1, too bad Lotus killed it).

-- TheBS

 Bryan J. Smith    mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org,thebs at theseus.com
     Disclaimer:  http://www.SmithConcepts.com/legal.html
"[the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)] does something
 no copyright law has ever done -- it extinguishes fair use"
            -- Martin Garbus, respected First Amendment Lawyer