[svlug] DSL woes

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon May 8 12:06:02 PDT 2000

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Derek J. Balling wrote:

> I can say I've been down this road already. I've lived in MANY
> states, but let me just say, here and now, that the CPUC is somewhere
> between "useless" and "oxygen thieves".

Especially when compared to, say, those in the state of Vermont. I
remember, due to a miscommunication between my landlord and the utility
company, running out of propane to heat the house. I called the Vermont
equivalent and, literally within hours, the problem was solved. I've never
seen the CPUC be particularly effective.

"Linux means never having to delete your love mail." -- Don Marti