[svlug] serial module: pre/post-install does not work

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Mon May 8 07:29:57 PDT 2000

Are you really saying that the command

        /etc/init.d/setserial modload > /dev/null 2> /dev/null

works properly from the command line? Since setserial takes its settings
from stdin, I would expect you to need to enter it as

        /etc/init.d/setserial < modload > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
                             ^^^
If that guess is wrong, the obvious way to debug is to change the entries to

        /etc/init.d/setserial modload >/tmp/somename 2>&1

and see what setserial *says* is going wrong.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray at comarre.com