[svlug] Able to connect out but not in?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sat May 6 09:01:16 PDT 2000

OK. If you can't ping, I assume the problem is more widespread than an inetd
failure (my usual first thought when these asymmetric failures occur). Are
you trying to make incoming connections from another host on the same LAN or
from someplace offsite? If the second, and if you really did nothing to the
RH 5.2 host, I'd suspect a change in firewalling rules.

For anything more that than, we (or at least I) need some details to think
about.

A change from RH 5.2 to RH 6.2 (your other message) introduces any number of
changes, of course.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray at comarre.com