[svlug] LoveLetter reporting -- Microsoft, not computer, virus

Bill Jonas bj at netaxs.com
Fri May 5 23:56:29 PDT 2000

On Fri, 5 May 2000 dfox at belvdere.vip.best.com wrote:

>Perhaps spam and other internet abuse will be prosecuted for the Federal
>crimes that they are, and that IMHO would be a good thing.

Pardon me (and I say this with the utmost respect for you), but I think
you're dead wrong on this.

Don't get me wrong; abuses like you mentioned are definitely Very Bad
Things.  IMNSHO, though, it would be an Even Worse Thing to have the
government step in with this.  These folks are the people that can't
even handle tax money wisely; why would they be any better at
computers?  This would simply be an excuse to take away whatever flimsy
version of privacy that we currently enjoy.  And I think that that's a
Very Bad Thing.

   0 1
   /\
   |__ Just my two bits, though.

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?
That's a city in Bosnia.  Right?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)

Harry Browne for President:  http://www.harrybrowne2000.org/
Visit me at                  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/