[svlug] Virus FUD

Richard Jennings Richard_Jennings at sandia.gov
Fri May 5 16:35:52 PDT 2000

I emailed someone in our corporate headquarters the suggestion that maybe
it's time to look at something other than Outlook as a corporate standard.
Here was his reply:

>Maybe. Maybe not. 2-3 of the natl and intl stories I read on it this morning
>make the point that Outlook was apparently targeted primarily because it's
>widely used. If we and most other orgs move to X, then hackers will target
>X. there's nothing inherent in Outlook that makes it more vulnerable than
>other systems, they point out.

I think I'll spend part of the weekend gathering some data to send his
way.:) Any pointers appreciated.

Richard

Richard Jennings
Sandia National Labs