(Fwd) Re: [svlug] LoveLetter reporting -- Microsoft, not compu

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at gorilla.it
Thu May 4 15:28:31 PDT 2000

I've re-checked the code and I've found WHY it shouldn't run
on a
Macs with MS soft.

It requires WSH (Windows Scripting Host), the MS pale
imitation of *nix shells.

That makes .vbs files executables.

I'm a poor MS slave trying to break his chains, but I'm not so
dumb to have Outlook installed on my machines. I don't know if
Outlook autorun that file.

If it doesn't, well MS users have too understand just one more
lesson .vbs are dangerous as well as .exe and .doc
attachment.

Anyway MS is well known for poor sand boxes and many
Office viruses are a bright example (and they run on Macs too).

I won't be surprised if with slight modification a variant of
that virus could damage Macs too.

Anyway it is surely a MS related virus. No doubt.

BTW I received a call from a MS programmer this late
morning, I was out but she said she wasn't able to send me
an email cos they were doing some maintenance on their
servers.

Coincidence?

My ISP runs RH on PCs and many fat Sun machines and a
couple of big IBM too. The email has been very slow for 1/2 h.

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at gorilla.it
Webmaster Gorilla.it http://www.gorilla.it
Tel. +39 2 26149225/26149008 Fax. +39 2 26149657
Via d'Apulia 11, 20125 Milano, Italy