[svlug] LoveLetter reporting -- Microsoft, not computer, virus

kmself@ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 4 11:26:32 PDT 2000

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 10:19:37AM -0700, kmself at ix.netcom.com wrote:
> With LoveLetter being all the news today, it is important IMO to make
> very clear to the media that this is a Microsoft/Windows worm, not a
> general computer virus.  I wrote the following note to NPR, which was
> carrying this as their lead story today.  I'd encourage others to
> send similar mail to NPR and other news organizations.

Ironically, I've just learned that NPR is itself without email this
morning due to, of all things, the LoveLetter virus.  So you may have to
resort to legacy technologies to contact same.

NPR does seem to be rather aware, based on their Talk of the Nation
topic (preempting another topic), that this is a Microsoft-specific
problem.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>         http:/www.netcom.com/~kmself
    http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/