[svlug] FUD: Are Linux Users Sloppy?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 4 10:25:16 PDT 2000

Quoting Dan Copeland (dcopeland47 at yahoo.com):

> RedHat has changed significantly with 6.2.  IIRC, the default
> workstation install doesn't run inetd.  The default server install no
> longer contains XFree86, which I take issue with, but I digress.  The
> point is that Red Hat seems to be tired of the 'boatload of unnecessary
> services' complaint and doing something about it.  I think it's great
> for the newbies (generally the ones who'd pick a stock workstation
> install).

Hear, hear!  Red Hat has indeed done a good thing for users -- and I'm
sure they have to endure a lot of grousing, for their pains, from people
who expect a machine to have services lit up like a Christmas tree, and
disappointed when they aren't.

--
Cheers,              "By reading this sentence, you agree to be bound by the
Rick Moen             terms of the Internet Protocol, version 4, or, at your