[svlug] FUD: Are Linux Users Sloppy?

Bill Jonas bj at netaxs.com
Wed May 3 23:37:07 PDT 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Dan Copeland wrote:

>  RedHat has changed significantly with 6.2.  IIRC, the default
>workstation install doesn't run inetd.  The default server install no
>longer contains XFree86, which I take issue with, but I digress.  The
>point is that Red Hat seems to be tired of the 'boatload of unnecessary
>services' complaint and doing something about it.  I think it's great
>for the newbies (generally the ones who'd pick a stock workstation
>install).

That's good to hear.  Thanks for updating me, as I haven't heard that
much about 6.2.

I would tend to disagree with you about X on a server, but that's
another argument.  :)

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?
That's a city in Bosnia.  Right?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)

Harry Browne for President:  http://www.harrybrowne2000.org/
Visit me at                  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/