[svlug] menus in debian

Joey Hess joey at kitenet.net
Wed May 3 11:46:05 PDT 2000

Erik Steffl wrote:
>   1) how to include a menu at the top level (i.e. not in submenu), all
> menu definitions require section="submenu" and there is no way to have
> submenu empty.

Hm, what an interesting question. It seems nobody has wanted to do that
before, because it seems to be quite impossible. I've cc'd the author of
menu, perhaps he'll have some fix I missed.

>   2) is there a way to sort the menus the way I want? I know I can sort
> submenus before menus, but I would like to sort some menu items
> exactlythe way I want.

The sort directive is farly flexible, it doesn't just do that one kind
of sorting. I don't know what way you want, but I suspect it can be
done.

--
see shy jo