[svlug] my Quake does not work !

John Wenger JohnWenger at earthlink.net
Tue May 2 17:18:07 PDT 2000

Bryan -TheBS- Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > I have the same problem with free version of quake and voodoo 3, it
> > start and screen goes blank and that's it... I know there is newsgroup
> > for graphics issues with 3dfx, so you might be able to find some support
> > on you card too... or try quake related newsgroups...

> XFree86 4.0 is solving a lot of this.  Linux is finally breaking
> into the consumer space.  That's what is so great about Linux, you
> get just about everything included if is available.

I heard Daryll Strauss say at a presentation that he had
already added the driver for the Matrox G200 into XFree86
4.0.

Additionally the driver for the G400 is complete, plus the
Voodoo series through 3, and the ATI is in progress, and so
is Voodoo 4-5.

I am not a gamer so I don't know the URLs to give you, but I
would research this by searching for his name, and Precision
Insight (his company).

HTH.

John