[svlug] Re: [svlug]syslogd question

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 2 17:10:19 PDT 2000

Quoting J C Lawrence (claw at cp.net):

> While Mailman is officially a GNU project, none of the major
> developers, the project page itself or anything I can find refers to
> it as "GNU Mailman" as versus merely "Mailman".  At the risk of
> trolling, do we really need to spread/perpetuate the GNU/Linux
> silliness?

<blond>
Well, OK, I'm game if you are.
</blond>

I call it GNU Mailman when/if I feel like mentioning its status as GNU's
mailing list manager.  Which in this case, I suppose I did on a whim.
Which, in turn, I'm allowed to indulge, because nobody can stop me.  ;->

Admittedly as an afterthought, it might also help distinguish that pacage
from other Mailmans [Mailmen?], such as

http://mailman.afo.net/
http://www.mailman.bham.ac.uk/htexec/mailman.pl
http://www.hu-berlin.de/rz/mailman/

--
Cheers,              "By reading this sentence, you agree to be bound by the
Rick Moen             terms of the Internet Protocol, version 4, or, at your