[svlug] Re: [Officers] SVLUG Ineffective Communication - A Rant Everyone Should Read

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue May 2 15:21:47 PDT 2000

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Rick Moen wrote:

> I think part of the long-term key (on the technical end of things) is to
> design Web pages, and the process that maintains them, so as to be as
> self-correcting, natural, and easy as possible.  E.g., using PHP3.  ;->

Actually, another part would be an auto-nag if certain things WEREN'T in
place: if the pages hadn't been updated, etc. That might be more useful
than changing the back end for the web site.

That said, I have an instance of CottonBale up (http://www.sfknit.org/)
and will be moving it to cover Bale as well.

It's undoubtedly WAY overkill for the SVLUG back end, but I'd be happy to
provide source (which will be up on sourceforge once I knock a few more
minor quirks out).

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.