[svlug] Re: [Officers] SVLUG Ineffective Communication - A Rant Everyone Should Read

Chris J. DiBona chris at dibona.com
Mon May 1 06:27:01 PDT 2000

Okay, how about this: You being a jerk to volunteers sure helps a lot.
Being jerks to volunteers really drives people to work harder
doesn't it?

Frankly, SVLUG isn't a broken SCSI driver or a bad kernel. SVLUG
is more like a driver for a device that works fine, could be a little
faster, could be a little more efficient, but it does the job.

So I'll say to you that while I would have liked the announcement to go
out earlier, it was more than 27 hours before the meeting. (3 days
before? I don't rememeber) again, I'd love for there to be more warning,
but I'm not going to spend my life prompting sam to move faster. People
know when SVLUG is (everyone now:) First wednesday of the month. It's been
like that for 3 years now at least. All that people need to know is who is
speaking. I'll make sure that's fixed.

So, that siad,  I've talked with Lisa who will get the changes up so that
the page will be up to date and with the next 4 speakers up. She assures
me it will be up before the end of the day. I managed to do it wwithout
being a jerk or calling people "friggin clueless".

And you talk about complaints, and yes there have been a few, but I can
only think of a few that have been from members other than you.

 Chris

--
Linux Community Evangelist, VA Linux Systems            http://www.valinux.com
President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group               http://www.svlug.org