[svlug] Re: [Officers] SVLUG Ineffective Communication - A Rant Everyone Should Read

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Tue May 2 13:13:03 PDT 2000

Yeah, but YOU might remember that every month the same damn complaint comes
up and nothing seems to get done about it. It's not "freaking out" when a
member - or a group of members - note that the organization is lacking in
areas. It's a call for action, something that has been noticeably lacking
on this front.

Yes, we're all volunteers, and that means precisely what? That we shouldn't
try to look good to the world, and do the best we can? Using that logic,
"Ah, what the hell if the SCSI drivers don't work in Linux, I mean what do
you expect!?! We're all just a bunch of volunteers!"

Or are you saying that "getting information out at the last possible second
and a web page that is near-worthless" _IS_ "the best we can do". If you're
saying that, then fine, I'll accept it and move on, but if its NOT the best
we can do, then I think the membership has a right to ask "Why aren't we
doing the best we can?"