[svlug] SVLUG Ineffective Communication - A Rant Everyone Should Read

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue May 2 12:55:49 PDT 2000

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Derek J. Balling wrote:

> Can we, as a whole, set a standard for ourselves that "At the May
> meeting, we will announce the speaker for the June meeting", and so
> forth?

I think this is a great idea, where practical.

> Finding out who the speaker is and what the topic of the meeting is,
> approximately 27 hours prior to the meeting, is NOT good communication
> by any stretch of the imagination.

No duh. Plus, it needs to be up on the web site, as you point out.

That said, I missed last week's PHP group and I'm anxious to hear Rasmus.
:)

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.