[svlug] McGrawHill GPL violation?

Steve M Bibayoff smb23 at csufresno.edu
Mon May 1 22:21:17 PDT 2000

Does anyone have in there possession a copy of a McGraw-Hill Linux book
which came w/ a CD. Osborne is also a McGraw-Hill company. The reason I'm
asking is when I was at the bookstore today, I've noticed that MH has come
out w/ quite a few "Linux" books that came w/ CD's, but if you looked at
the license that was on the last page, you would notice it was very
non-free(can't copying, transfere, install more than one machine, etc..)
W/o actually buying the book and seeing whats on the CD, I couldn't tell
if they included any GNU programs or any speciffically any GPL programs.

If someone has one of these books w/ a CD and you have the time, could you
check for me. Much apreciated.

TIA

Steve