switch to mailman (was: [svlug] Re: [svlug]syslogd question)

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon May 1 19:16:52 PDT 2000

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Ray Olszewski wrote:

> It strikes me that changing the method of subscribing is going to be
> somewhat disruptive of the habits people have about mailing lists.

The *average* net user is NOT in the habit of using Majordomo. Perhaps
you've missed the listone, listbot, etc, but most people are used to
subscribing from web pages.

And, frankly, NO ONE should have to remember the name of a list manager to
subscribe. The way majordomo and listserv do it is broken. It should have
been "listmaster" or something else that was supported by everyone.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.