[svlug] Virtual hosting

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon May 1 13:15:52 PDT 2000

On Mon, 1 May 2000, J M wrote:

> I'm trying to set up my RedHat6.1 Machine to virtual host.
> www.regularIP.com works fine initially.

OK. It should continue to work even if your other stuff doesn't.

> I've pinged  the virtualURL at the IP. DNS works, the server replies.

OK. You have all the hosts on the *same* IP?

> When I configure /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> with
> NameVirtualHost XXX.XXX. ( IP#)
> (Virtualhost xxx.xxx (IP#)
> etc...for both entries, different document roots, etc.
> Neither URL will resolve,
> I get "/URL not found on this server" error.

What's the *complete* section for your virtual host that isn't working?
It's hard to diagnose not knowing exactly what you put in there.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.