[svlug] Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer and Xwindows issues.
bill at wiliweld.com
Thu Jun 29 21:17:29 PDT 2000
At Thu, 29 Jun 2000 it looks like Daevid Vincent composed:
DV-->I used the mouse perfectly through the whole RH6.2 install using the
DV-->graphical interface thingy, then when I finished and "startx", the mouse is
DV-->all freaking out like it's Epileptic or something.
I had the same stuff happen to me. On a machine that ran 5
different distributions of Linux, and two different versions of
FreeBSD, I went to OpenBSD-2.6 just to broaden my Unix experience
and the mouse went absolutly beserk, just like you said.
I wiped out OpenBSD-2.6, reinstalled Linux, mouse was fine,
installed FreeBSD-3.4, 4.0 and the mouse was fine, reinstalled
OBSD-2.6 and the same stuff. All using KDE. The XF86Setup was beserk
too so that didn't tell me much. If it's not a problem that effects
others, your kinda blazing your own path to recovery.
In this being my first experience with OpenBSD-2.6, which
was the latest then, I back ordered OBSD-2.5 to cross check to see
if it was the version of OBSD, the same crazy movement. I
methodically tried every protocol, in all possible modes and came
down to 5 plausable semi-erratic configs, still no luck.
Nobody on three different OBSD lists had any clues, and I
took this as a message from the "Unix Gods" to run a pure text based
Unix box which I've done and I'm typing from now. It's good for me
to touch base where the guys with more senority have come from.
I just got through reading all of Rick Moen's ftp notes in
my one and only OpenBSD browser....... lynx ! (while walking 5 miles
in the snow with no Xwindows before there was a mouse etc....
Bill Schoolcraft http://www.wiliweld.com
PO Box 210076 San Francisco, CA 94121
" saevis tranquillus in undis "
More information about the svlug