[svlug] [ruth@eecs.berkeley.edu: Ulrich Drepper Talk Friday April 28th]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Apr 26 15:27:07 PDT 2000

Ulrich Drepper is speaking at Berkeley on Friday in a talk
sponsored by EECS and Red Hat, Inc.  The context (but not the
substance) of the talk is apparently Red Hat recruiting.

I was involved in telling the EECS Department that, from the
description, this sounded like a legitimate technical talk and
not just a marketing event.  I told them I would try to attend -- my
current work schedule makes that impossible, unfortunately.  <sigh>

This message doesn't mention it, but Ulrich Drepper is the maintainer
of the GNU libc, which is another huge and important package that
makes your system possible, mostly behind the scenes.

----- Forwarded message from Ruth Tobey <ruth at eecs.berkeley.edu> -----