[svlug] weekend Linux Day presentations at Micro Center, Santa Clara

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 28 20:58:46 PDT 2000

Those of you in the Santa Clara Valley may want to drop in on this
weekend's Linux events to be held in the centre of the Santa Clara Micro
Center.  Those events will run Saturday 10-4, and Sunday 12-4, and will
include presentations by Corel, Red Hat Software, and others.  I've
volunteered to answer technical questions and represent the local Linux
community (on Saturday, at least).  Anyone who wants to help will be
most welcome.  You could meet me at 9 AM at the adjacent Starbucks, or
drop by later if you prefer.

The store will be offering weekend discounts on the Corel Linux OS
bundles and WordPerfect Office 2000 for Linux -- and the flyer speaks
of prize giveaways every hour.

Maps and directions are at
http://www.microcenter.com/store_locations/map_santa_clara.htm

I'll personally be bringing a bunch of Debian ("slink-and-a-half") CDs,
Linux Journals, bumper stickers, and other tchochkes to give away.
(I'll also have my standard installation kit with various distros,
and can probably help anyone needing assistance with such things.)

--
Cheers,                 "Heedless of grammar, they all cried 'It's him!'"
Rick Moen                       -- R.H. Barham, _Misadventure at Margate_
rick at linuxmafia.com