[svlug] Funny

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Apr 28 14:14:16 PDT 2000

At 01:41 PM 4/28/00 -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
>Deirdre Saoirse <deirdre at deirdre.net> wrote:

> >> The bomb squad arrived at 7 a.m. and fired a shell from a shotgun
> >> into the package to set off any explosive devices inside.
>
> > Yeah, but it took them an hour to get there. Big help, that.
>
>One wonders what they did to ensure there wasn't a can of anthrax
>inside...

Now THAT would be funny! [1]... someone "knowing the response protocol"
puts a glass canister of a hearty airborne viral agent in a box, puts the
appropriate "goodies" to make it LOOK like a bomb, and let's the local
law-enforcement schmoes do the dirty work for them. No need to "die for the
cause" by opening it yourself, you can be far upwind by the time the LEO's
show up.

[1] Funny in a cynical sense. I'm not THAT sick in the head. :)