[svlug]PPP Dial-in setup

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Apr 27 17:28:55 PDT 2000

There are several ways to do it, depending on (a) which *getty your system
uses and (agetty and mgetty are both options) (b) how you want to
authenticate connections (userid/password, CHAP, PAP). The only actual
example I have around is ancient, a system I set up 6 years ago using agetty
on Slackware. There's a short section on setting up PPP "servers" toward the
end of the PPP HowTo. Alvin Oga used to have a sample mgetty-based server
script posted, but I've forgotten the URL.

Let me know if you want me to send you (privately; it's a bit much for the
list) the old example I have. Or it might be easier if you describe what
you're trying to do; then perhaps I or another can spot the "something real
simple" you're missing.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray at comarre.com