[svlug] TV

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 30 00:42:46 PST 1999

Seth David Schoen wrote:
> John Conover writes:
>
> > You know, it is kind of funny that no attorney has picked up the
> > issue.  I mean, there is a potential billion buck remedy in the
> > offering-and the media hoopla that goes with it to get a mention on
> > CNBC, etc. Seems like one would. I wonder why not?
>
> Actually, at least two attorneys have been quoted in the mainstream
> press on the issue.  One predicted a large class-action lawsuit after
> the event if Microsoft didn't provide refunds.

FWIW, I copied some pertinant information, article cites, and web pages
along with a few explanatory paragraphs to news:misc.int-property and
news:misc.legal.computing.  You'll find a few active IP and computer
industry lawyers out there.

Even without that effort, the press has been sufficiently widespread
that I'd expect the legal industry is aware of the initiatives.

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself at ix.netcom.com)

    Welchen Teil von "Gestalt" verstehen Sie nicht?

web:       http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
SAS/Linux: http://www.netcom.com/~kmself/SAS/SAS4Linux.html

 12:31am  up 28 days,  1:44,  9 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.22, 0.09

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org