[svlug] The Other InstallFest [was: January Installfest cancelled]

Walter Reed walt at itrade.net
Mon Jan 18 09:10:31 PST 1999

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 07:32:27PM -0800, Ian Kluft wrote:
> > From: Seth David Schoen <schoen at uclink4.berkeley.edu>
> > > Do you have a web page for the Oakland Installfests?  [...]
> >
> > All of the GNUs about the CABAL installfests (alternately located in Oakland
> > and San Francisco) is at
> >
> > http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/
> >
> > including directions for visitors.  This page also includes non-installfest
> > material like information about the CABAL meetings.
>
> OK, well it's good enough for now - at least there's something to point at.
> The SVLUG Installfest page now has a link to you.

Speaking of installfest web pages, what's the story on installfest.com?

I was just thinking that it would be interesting to have a world-wide database
of Linux installfests. Somthing Magzine articles and books on Linux could point to.

Are there any plans plans for installfest.com? It sure isn't obvious
from the SVCS pages that are there now. Installfest.com by nature seems to imply
global scope.

Just curious...

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org