[svlug] 1.7 MB floppies & 'Doz

Ben Manes anarchy at crl.com
Wed Jan 13 12:38:23 PST 1999

a windows/dos based program, WinImage, has been popular for a while. It
makes 1.7mb and other image types. I know IBM's disk-format isn't
readable to regular dos/windows.. so I assume you need this app to bse
able to read the diskets. The one problem of course is that your using
space saved for perity, so data corrupts far quicker (or was the rumor
years ago). I'd use rar, or arj to span.. easier, safer, and error
recovery. plus, why bother with incompatable formats when you can just
make an sfx archive?

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org