[svlug] Help with linux basics

Judi Mouser mouserhouse at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:15:29 PST 1999

Hi,

As you all know i am new to linux, if you've been reading all my posts.
I was wondering what the mount was for during the install. I am use to
windows nt. I was told to use / for just the main drive. What do i use
for second hard drive? Also how do I access my cdrom and floppy disk
from Linux? I heard it treats all drives as directories in the root
directory, depending on what mount you give it. Is this true? Thanks for
your help.

Matt