[svlug] partitioningryry

Seth David Schoen schoen at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 2 10:01:06 PST 1999

Javilk writes:

>     But the solution is to run a monitoring process -- the minute it
> becomes writable, Bells and Whistles!  And automatically Ifconfig ppp
> down!

They can retaliate by running another monitoring process -- the minute the
ppp0 interface disappears, automatically dial up again (using the
appropriate command for the particular distribution).

But you will certainly protect yourself from automated attacks by script
kiddies.

   Seth David Schoen L&S '01 (undeclared) / schoen at uclink4.berkeley.edu
He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do."  And they
said, "Nay, but we will have a king over us, that we also may be like all the
nations." (1 Sam 8)  http://ishmael.geecs.org/~sigma/   http://www.loyalty.org/

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org