[svlug] partitioning

Rafael Skodlar raffi at kset.com
Fri Jan 1 17:13:34 PST 1999

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Rafael Skodlar wrote:
>
> IMO my root is pretty clean:
>
> bin/         dev/         lib/         mnt/         proc/        tmp/
> boot/        etc/         lost+found/  net/         root/        usr/
> data/        home/        misc/        opt@         sbin/        var/

Seems that way.

> > It seems to me that you have to be very busy taking care of all those
> > partions.
>
> Naw, I've got you to do that for me, Raph.

Since when? I don't remember getting any checks or direct deposits to mu
account  :-)

> > It's my belief that your fstab has a few too many lines like the
> > signature.
>
> Do any of your many beliefs concern yourself?

Just a few.

> The uptime brag is mostly for my non-Linux customers.  I don't expect
> you'd be impressed.  The "gestalt" bit -- it's a great sig, I've used it

Uptime is of my interest. At least it's different each time in comparison
to the rest of the sig.

> for years, still get random comments, the shrinks and psychs love it,
> and it's started a holy war.  Can you say the same?

I remember that somebody was not too happy about the long sigs on this
list and I kinda agree with him. It's annoying to edit it out or scroll
through the archive. Just my opinion.

> > Happy New Year,
>
> Ditto.  With feeling.
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self (kmself at ix.netcom.com)
>
>     What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?
>     Welchen Teil von "Gestalt" verstehen Sie nicht?
>
> web:       http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
> SAS/Linux: http://www.netcom.com/~kmself/SAS/SAS4Linux.html
>
>  12:51pm  up 26 days, 18:14,  9 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.14, 0.13

My machine at work  beats yours
  5:11pm  up 32 days,  3:25, 20 users,  load average: 1.00, 0.57, 0.39

   Rafael Skodlar

echo "unsubscribe svlug" | mail majordomo at svlug.org